Friday, October 7, 2011

Math Games By Eliza & Jacob

Math Games
By Eliza & Jacob

MASTER MIND     
This month we are playing a game called master mind.     The object of the game is to get all the cubes in the order that your partner has. If you get one in the right place your partner would say you have one in the right place. He would not tell you which color it was. You can’t see the cubes so it’s hard. And those are the rules.

Multiple Turn Over                
In math we have been playing a game called Multiple Turn Over. This is how you play: You have a partner(s),and each partner randomly takes 10 cards from a cup. Each card has a number on it. The object of the game is to turn over all your cards first. This is how it works: Whoever has the lowest number goes first. They say any number between 1 and 10 to be the multiple. Then whatever number they said,both partners turn over any number they can make by multiplying that number.
      For example, one of my cards is 21. Another one of my cards is 44. My partner says multiples of 3.I turn over the 21 because it is a multiple of 3. And if I had any other multiples of 3,I would flip them over too. But I don’t turn over the 44 because 44 is not a multiple of 3. Then it’s my partners turn. If you want to challenge yourself,there is a cup of high numbers that you can take from too. Whoever turns over all their cards first is the winner.                  

                                 


1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting! I used to play Mastermind when I was a kid. I wish I had done math games like the ones you describe so well - they sound like a lot of fun and it might have made me better at math! Congratulations to all of you - I love the blog! Eliza;s Mom

    ReplyDelete